> For 1.2, the solution should be clear: find out why perl plug-ins get
> specialcased (maybe because menus.c doesn't know about them but about the
> c-plug-ins? or maybe because the i18n code handles them differently?) and
> sort everything alphabetically (source language, e.g. english).

The order of menus was determined by the order of installation. The code
in plug-in.c uses readdir(). On most systems this will give you the plug-ins
in the order the inodes were created. This means that the order of menus was 
more or less unpredictable, I have checked in some code today that orders 
the plug-ins and script-fu scripts alphabetically according to their 
translated menu-entries. 

I have however noticed that perl i18n is totally broken at the moment (at
least on my box) and I couldn't figure out why. This was broken before my 
changes and I have double-checked that the gimp-perl text-domain gets 
passed to menus_create_item...() correctly. Later I found out why this 
does not work: gimp-perl sets the domain-path to "/usr/share/locale".
As the po build system in gimp-perl is definitely messed up since no 
gmo files are build ever, I can not determine if this is intentional.
I suggest that perl installs its message catalogs under the prefix
however (which is /usr/local/ here) and uses gimp_plugin_domain_add()
instead of gimp_plugin_domain_add_with_path().

Salut, Sven

Salut, Sven

Reply via email to