I'm trying to get Gimp 1.1.21 to work correctly on Solaris 7

I've compiled the code fine this morning, and apart from the Error below it runs

gimp: shmat failed...disabling shared memory tile transport

The Problem is that, anytime I click on the text button, then
type in some text, nothing happens, the image reappears
without any text whatsoever.

This doesn't seem to be a font problem, because the fonts display
fine in the preview window... They just refuse to appear on the

Can anyone shed any light on this ??

Anton Enright - PhD. Student - Computational Genomics Group

EMBL - European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, Cambridge

Phone :0044-1223-494452

E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Web: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~enright/