This is a bug I originally reported last fall.  It's still alive in
version 1.1.22.  The bug manifests when trying to perform a screenshot
(<Toolbox>/File/Acquire/Screen Shot).  Usually the first screenshot
works with no problem.  However, if I try several screenshots one after
another (around 5-6 of 'em) I get the following message:

  ~/gimp/lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/screenshot: fatal error: Segmentation fault
  ~/gimp/lib/gimp/1.1/plug-ins/screenshot (pid:29260): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack
trace or [P]roceed:

and the GIMP stops responding.  Typing "p" and some combination of
CRLF and "p" again at this message usually returns control to the

Carey Bunks

Dr. Carey Bunks
Senior Scientist
BBN Technologies