On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 07:56:35AM -0400, Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> be a way to install (and deinstall) auxiliary files.  We (gimp-print)
> don't have any as of yet, but that's largely because we have no handy
> way of installing them.

What support are you missing? I'd think that every plug-in should know best
how to manage it's library space, and gimptool provides a lot of information,
e.g. where to put architecture dependnet and/or independent library files,

The only thing that I miss (from a cursory look) would be the
user-dependent gimp directory.

> hope to release in a few months), we'll probably want to ship printer
> definitions, color profiles, possibly dither matrices, and such as
> separate files rather than compiled in to the binary.

I think it's not a good idea to put knowledge about printer files (or
any plug-in-specific data) into gimptool. What's wrong about just using
$gimpdatadir/gimp-print?