At 10:08 PM 08/12/2000 +0200, Martin Weber wrote:
>... For most formats GIMP has a very good solution, but for PCX
>ImageMagick and XV loads the pictures 50 % faster into memory than GIMP.
>Where could pcx.c be optimized?

I have only taken a quick look at pcx.c but I can see where some minor(?)
optimizations might be made in a few loops. I don't know what impact (if
any) it would have on the load time. I don't have any PCX coded files let
alone ones that test each of the load routines to be able to try the minor
changes to the code and see what impact it would have on the load times.

Kevin.  (

Internet:kcozens at   |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
       or:ve3syb at          |"Same thing we always do, Pinkutus:|  Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite>    |              -Pinkutus & the Borg