Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
> when moving a selection with the move tool, the content of the selection
> moves with the mouse. Is it possible to show only the border when moving
> ? I did not find such a setting in the preferences.

With Yosh's assertion I'd implement a pref for it, but that's
a bit dicey for the (ha-ha) freeze.  Ideally I think it'd be
a modifier while dragging, but the modifier keys are WAY
overloaded throughout GIMP IMHO.

What I do when positioning with specific reference to the
underlayer being obscured is to adjust down the opacity of
the overlayer while positioning it, so you're dragging a
'ghost'.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss    . ,,^^    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.foxbox.org/

"Shut up, Donkey.  Talking animals have no place in comic strips."