On  1 Oct, Marco Lamberto wrote:

> I've got a little trouble while rebuilding the rpm of gimp 1.1.26,
> when running the "make prefix={a_new_prefix} install" it tries to
> install into "/usr" discarding the "prefix" and "PREFIX" values. I
> should update someting or someone has forgotten something? ;) Actually

 You shouldn't use make prefix=something install. This is mostly useful
 for buildrooting rpms but may produce silly results for everything else
 (because programs may have a different prefix hammered in at configure time).
 So if you want to get GIMP to a different place use: configure --prefix=something
 and then: make install.