On Sun, 01 Oct 2000, "Dr. David Kirkby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who suggested I increase the amount of shared
> memory on my SPARC so Gimp would not disable shared memory tile
> transport. I added this to /etc/system:
> set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=64
>
> after a reboot Gimp worked fine.

FYI, I have added the following lines to /etc/system on all Solaris
machines that I use:

# increase shared memory limits (for GTK+ applications)
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 0x2000000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 0x1000
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 0x100

By default, Solaris has a limit of 6 shm segments per process, 100 in
total, and allows a maximum segment size of 1 MB.  You can check the
current values by running the command /usr/sbin/sysdef.  By increasing
all of these parameters, I am sure that I can use many GTK+
applications without warnings.

-Raphael