On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:37:47PM -0500, Jon Winters wrote:
> Hi,
> Can we just ban messages from non-list members? That is how I've done
> things on the lists that I maintain.

We shouldn't, because it makes it very difficult to reach "a Gimp
developer" in reasonable time. #1 preference should be that someone
(you?) volunteer to receive unsubscribed mail, read it quickly and
forward anything approximately on-topic. #2 preference is what we
have now, spam goes to a savvy audience who hopefully never reply,
never show any sign of having received the mail. #3 is the worst case,
where we return unsubscribed mail as undeliverable, or refuse to
accept it if that's possible at scam...