On 08 November, 2000 - Raphael Quinet sent me these 2.2K bytes:

> If you are running another UNIX-like system (*BSD, HP-UX, AIX, etc.),
> it would be nice if you could compile and run the following code and
> report what it says.  The code does not depend on glib, gtk or any
> other libraries, so it should be easy to compile it on any system.

AIX 4.3:

installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 21818 to exit...
child 21818 has exited
  sig_pid = 21818
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)

IRIX 5.3:

installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 23644 to exit...
child 23644 has exited
  sig_pid = -1
  sig_status = 9999
  main_pid = 23644
  main_status = 25600
waitpid got the status before sigchld handler was called

SunOS 4.1.1_U1 (has no SA_RESTART, changed to signal() which gives the
same semantics due to BSDism):

installing signal handler...
forking...
waiting for child 9844 to exit...
child 9844 has exited
  sig_pid = 9844
  sig_status = 25600
  main_pid = -1
  main_status = 9999
sigchld handler was called before waitpid (no status)

/Tomas
--
Tomas ÷gren, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of UmeŚ