On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 08:12:15PM +0100, Simon Budig
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I forgot something here: I did this make install as user simon (/unstable
> is mine) and perl of course did not install. I then did an additional
> make install in plug-ins/perl  as root.

The compiletree must of course be accessible during make install - I'll
see wether the additional make install triggered this - however, strange
things can and will happen if a plug-in needs to reconfigure and fails to
do so, and in the case of gimp-perl this is usually catastrophic. Maybe I
can workaround this problem in an easy way, though, this might be really
helpful.