I'm having trouble finding this in the online documentation...

What happens if you specify RGB rather than RGB* as the image type
(I'm presuming RGB* means RGB or RGBA) and you get passed an image
with an alpha channel?  Does the plugin refuse to run (or the Gimp not
allow the plugin to run on the image), or does the Gimp (or the
library) handle the alpha channel on the fly?

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>      http://www.tiac.net/users/rlk/

Project lead for The Gimp Print --  http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net

--Eric Crampton