I am using XFree86-4.0.1 and have noticed that my tablet is not working

Pressure sensitivity is the problem... it seems like gimp is either
getting a pressure of 0%, 100%, or some value higher that causes feedback
when using some paint tools. I was thinking it was a problem with Xfree,
but when i used the xinputev, i found it was giving proper values...

Before i switched to xfree 4.0 it was working fine... is there something
i've missed or a variable i haven't seen?

This turned me from using xfree 4.0 before, and in this case i need to
keep with it, but also need to have the Gimp operational.

Any help would be apreciated
     Matthew Peters