The fourier plug-in crashes on my alpha.  I get following
warnings while compiling:

gcc -g `gtk-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -c work.c
work.c: In function `bla':
work.c:1530: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
gcc -g `gtk-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -c backfourier.c
backfourier.c: In function `doit':
backfourier.c:263: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
backfourier.c:202: warning: `outb' might be used uninitialized in this function
backfourier.c:202: warning: `outc' might be used uninitialized in this function
gcc -g `gtk-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -c fourier.c
fourier.c: In function `doit':
fourier.c:202: warning: `outb' might be used uninitialized in this function
fourier.c:202: warning: `outc' might be used uninitialized in this function
gcc -g work.o fourier.o -o fourier `gimptool --libs` `gtk-config --libs`
gcc -g work.o backfourier.o -o backfourier `gimptool --libs` `gtk-config --libs`

It still gets me an executable, but when running the plug-in on
an image (RGBA), I get the good old reproducable:

/home/jsmaby/.gimp-1.1/plug-ins/backfourier: fatal error: Segmentation fault
/home/jsmaby/.gimp-1.1/plug-ins/backfourier (pid:5959): [E]xit, [H]alt, show [S]tack
trace or [P]roceed:

Perhaps the code just isn't as portable as it needs to be to work on
my system.  Also note that on a starting image, backfourier is active,
while fourier is inactive.  Shouldn't this be the other way around?
I don't have a debugger installed, otherwise I'd give you a few more
details about where that seg fault came from.  Thanks.
-James Smaby