Sven Neumann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Maneesh Yadav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > No one knows how to get the offsets for a layer from libgimp do they?
> Yes, we know. Since a layer is only a special kind of drawable, the
> following call will perfectly do:
> gboolean gimp_drawable_offsets (gint32  drawable_ID,
>                                 gint   *offset_x,
>                                 gint   *offset_y);

To Quote from the description:

: This procedure returns the specified drawable's offsets. This only makes
: sense if the drawable is a layer since channels are anchored. The
: offsets of a channel will be returned as 0.

Hmm - it is definitely too late to change the Api to rename this
function to "gimp_layer_offsets". But is there a special reason why this
function can handle channels? It may lead to the wrong assumption
that a channel is moveable too...

Anyway, this is an inconsistency and nothing to be fixed before 2.0.