Hello,

As you are talking about gradients, I have another idea about a useful kind
of gradient that maybe I could implement.

I wondered about the "shapeburst" kind of gradient, that seems
to fill a selection with a gradient depending on the distance to the border.
But you cannot choose how far the gradient will reach out from the border,
so for example if you take a black-to-white gradient, the border is always
white and the innermost point gets black.
So I'd like to select a point inside the selection, and the gradient
would reach out up to this point.
To use such a gradient as a bump map might also be cool...

Well,
     comments are welcome...

        bye,

   Oliver