I liked the PDF version, nice structure. Assuming the functions are the same, etc., why can't be incorporate it? I don't understand the length argument. It always comes down to " we are just a manual and a reference, not a book". But then, the script-fu chapter should be two lines: a link to Scheme language reference and "read function comments to learn what they do". I like that the tutorial addresses the object model of GIMP - image/drawable, etc. That's what we need. As to who will incorporate, I don't know.
That's the main problem: who will translate this text to xml? At gimp.org, there are two tutorials about scripts. They were created in 2003. This tutorial could be added there. And we add a link to it in the doc.