I've spend now quite some time on this and can't really reproduce what's
wrong, because it seems to happen quite arbitrary. What I get is:

    [PO]  po/ko/using.po
    po/ko/using.po:2339: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with
    po/ko/using.po:2442: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with
    po/ko/using.po:3278: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with
    /usr/bin/msgfmt: found 3 fatal errors
    449 translated messages, 311 fuzzy translations, 314 untranslated
    make: *** [po/ko/using.po] Error 70
    make: *** Deleting file `po/ko/using.po'

If I ran the build again, this error comes up with a po file in a
different language. I wonder if it is a version problem of automake,
i18ntools (e.g. msgfmt) or perhaps our customized version of xml2po.

The whole log can be found here:

in case that helps.

Any pointers appreciated.

Roman Joost