Roman,

Thanks for getting back to me, your feedback wasn't discouraging, I just
didn't really know how to proceed (so no worries).

I completely understand peoples limited time, I am in the same boat, I did
not want to invest hours in writing, learning the nuances of a particular
markup language, only to have a barrier thrown up at the end.  This is the
reason for my questions.

I would be happy to format and maintain my own tutorial, as this is my
first contribution of any kind, I am completely unfamiliar with the
procedures, customs, and requirements for doing this on the gimp project.
It sounds like the barriers that you mentioned are more technical than
administrative, so that is actually pretty encouraging.

I am not quite ready to checkout a module and add my own tutorial just yet,
I need to read up on using Git for a collaborative project.  I have used
older CMS S/W (RCS, CVS) for collaborative projects, but that was a while
ago.  I will follow the link and do some reading.

I did browse through some of the tutorials & looked at they way they were
marked up.  I don't think porting my tutorials into a markup language will
be any problem.  The part that I don't really understand yet is whether
there are tags that will or won't work right.  In other words, if the XHTLM
is well formed and presents in a web browser is there any downstream
processing that looks at or uses particular tags? e.g. some of the xhtml
that I looked at used the older <b> tags for bold instead of <strong>.
Both work, one is more contemporary, but what I am wondering is whether
there is a reason to use the older tag format.

Once I do get ready to check out the module and add my tutorial, is there
any kind of an approval process, or do I just stage the changes and commit
them?

Thanks for the feedback & help.

--
Stephen Kiel