On 03/21/2017 12:48 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

As my first attempt at trying to help with updating the documentation, I
want to try to update the Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate documentation to
be current with some recent patches.

It will be easier for me to work with XML once I know what content I want to put into the XML files. So I revised the html file for the Colors/Desaturate/Desaturate menu and posted the revision to my website. Here's the (very temporary) link:

http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/desaturate/8-18-desaturate.html

Feedback on the revision is greatly appreciated. If I've used too many words, too long sentences, strayed into too much detail, made any blatant mistakes, etc, please let me know and I'll try again.

If I don't receive any negative feedback (or no feedback at all) in the next day or so, I'll assume my revision is "content OK" and will port the revised content over to the XML documents.

On the one hand, there have been a lot of major changes to GIMP's "color management/color mixing/layer blending" code, that needs corresponding revision in the documentation.

On the other hand, the articles and tutorials I've written for my website tend to be overly wordy and technical.

So I want to make sure I'm hitting the right balance of "too little vs too much information" before heading into the deeper waters of the color management documentation. Which is why I'm asking for feedback on the Desaturate menu revisions.

Best,
Elle
--
http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Color management and free/libre photography