On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 04:33:11PM +0200, Heleen Haarsma wrote:
> When I choose help or manual I have to choose a location to store
> files (or a file).
> After that I get a message with a red cross every time I try
> (Uitvoerfout voor procedure 'plug-in-web-browser':
> Failed to open
> 'file:///C:/Program%20Files/GIMP-2.0/share/gimp/2.0/help/nl/index.html':
> The specified path was not found.)
> And no help or manual is availble to me and effectiively Gimp is not
> available to me as I'am a new user and do not know my way around yet.
> Hope you can help me, otherwise it is the end of my Gimp experience.
> Kind regards
> Heleen Haarsma

Please be more specific. Please tell us more about your working

 - OS (ok, Windows, which version...)
 - Version of GIMP
 - Installed how
 - Help files
   - taken where
   - installed how
   - and where on the disk

And you still be able to consult the help on-line:

or configuring GIMP to read the help manual on-line by itself, useful
for enabling the context sensistive help...

Marco Ciampa

| Linux User  #78271 |
| FSFE fellow   #364 |
Gimp-docs mailing list