On 19/02/17 17:25, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 12:35 AM, Jehan  wrote:

The format selection is actually already "sticky" within a single session.
If you don't have this behavior, I believe there is a problem.
This being said, I think it should also stick accross sessions
This could also become a defaults settings. After all, we now have a "Image
Import & Export" section and such a settings (preferred image format) could
definitely be there. I'll have a look, I think.
Having that setting would be an overkill, IMO. Simply remembering the
last exporting file format across sessions would do the trick.

If all you do is JPEG, you change the file format once, and it works
_exactly_ as if there was such setting.

If you switch between e.g. PNG, JPEG, and PSD, you probably export
multiple files in the same file format, so having a default one would
most likely get in your way.

IMHO both behaviors make sense. This is like defaults for tools, where Gimp has either "Save tool options on exit" or "Save tools options now!". This could include the default export file type.