Yes this has been discussed, and I am actually planning to work on this
after 2.10 release. I have a few ideas myself.

Glad to hear that!

Also I want to note that if we were to be forbidden to work on what *we*
think is important *for us*, like animation, then this feature may never
come (well not true: it may come, but for sure not coded by me then).

Hell no, I wouldn't dare to forbid somebody something in contributing to
some software (I'm also dev, so I know how much effort and time it takes to
create some reasonable functionality and then maintain it). But I can
express my opinions and ask some questions right?

Regards, Michal