>I'm down scaling some tif images.  These images are created with a
>graphics
>software for making diagrams and the like.  Geometric shapes and text
>mostly.  When I open the tif in Gimp they are perfectly crisp.  When I
>scale
>the image down in size, it becomes slightly blurry, even when opting
>for the
>"best" cubic algorithm.

I'm running into the same problem with both scale and rotate. What's really
strange is that I was working on a drawing using GIMP 2.8 until very recently.
When I was using 2.8 the amount of crispness that I lost when using the scale
and rotate functions was within acceptable limits, for example I could rotate a
particular line 4, 5 or maybe 6 times before the amount of blur became really
noticeable. Yesterday I upgraded to GIMP 2.10 and the problem is MUCH more
pronounced - even one rotation or just scaling down a small amount, say 10%,
causes everything to become really, really fuzzy. I've attached an image to
illustrate.

Did you ever find a solution?

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1140/original/TEMP-FUZZ-2.jpg