>I'm converting some text to paths. Has no problem performing the
>function (although when I initially click on the paths tab, I have to
>wait several minutes for it to stop spinning the color wheel and show
>the tab with the new layer), but when I try to make the new layer path
>visible, I get the spinning wheel of death and the application stops
>responding. Please help.

Guessing your computer has run out of resources.

That font Amatic Bold is described as "simple but effective hand drawn".

Looks to have about 8 times as many nodes as a regular font-to-path. see
screenshot.

>From your screenshot the text looks fairly dense. You could try creating a line
at a time then merge the individual paths.

A better solution might be not-gimp. Use a vector application such as Inkscape.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1147/original/amatic.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)