Hi,

could it be that the new "on-canvas layer selection" via alt + middle click does
not work as described - or at least not the way that I understand the
description?

"The available layers will be looped through (starting from the upper one) while
the Alt key is held". Here at me, the first alt + middle click will indeed
switch to a different layer (if there exists one), but the following clicks will
achieve nothing, the layer selection remains unchanged, no looping.

And btw: As you correctly state, the mechanism only works when you click onto
*pixels*, that is, an area where something is drawn. I'm working heavily with
"nearly empty" layers, wouldn't it be much more comfortable if (at least as an
option) clicking *anywhere" in the layer, including transparent background,
would trigger the layer switch?

Manfred

PS: Selecting the 'GIMP help browser' results in 'Plug-in crashed:
"help-browser.exe"'. Is this normal?

--
Lork (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)