>Hi, all-
>
>Completely new to GIMP, converting from Adobe because money.  Using a
>Mac.
>
>I'm trying to get a plugin (specifically the "new layer from cut/copy
>one) working.  The readme that came with it told me to put the .py in
>the plug-ins folder in GIMP/2.10, but there was no plugins folder
>there.  I created a folder called "Plug-ins" and put the .py file in
>there.  Restarted the program (and the computer), but still didn't see
>the plugin.
>
>The readme also said I might need to "install python support for GIMP"
>but didn't elaborate on how to do that.  Anybody able to help me
>figure out what that means?
>
>Thanks
>
>David

By default there is a designated folder for plugins. There is some information
here for all OS's:

https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/GIMPProfile/

Plugins both compiled and python have to be made executable

Being a linux user, I did wonder how difficult it was for Gimp / OSX users, so
tried out in a Mac VM

A short video here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Install-scripts-and-plugins

Might help.