Now, I can’t even see the text layer in the Layers window.

Can you explain, please, how to have the text layer show up?

[] On Behalf Of Kasim Ahmic
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] how to update an existing text in GIMP 2.6.11?

In the layers window, double click on the Text Layer you made and you can edit
it from there.

On Oct 31, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Stefan Maerz <> wrote:

        On 10/31/2011 10:07 AM, Chenini, Mohamed wrote:

        I just started using GIMP 2.6.11. and I added a layer of text in top of
an image layer.

        I did not find a way to update the text.

        Would like to know how I can update the text.

        Like this?
        In the toolbox you press the "A" ("Text Tool"), then click on your
canvas somewhere.Then type in the "GIMP Text Editor" window that pops up. You
can then move the Layer of text around with the "Move Tool".
        I believe the next version of GIMP is going to have a more intuitive
text entry method.
        -Stefan Maerz

        gimp-user-list mailing list

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.