Good evening,
Addding to the here-under mail :
2.6.10 - 64 bits :
The same alert window appears when saving the work : after clearing the alert, the saving process runs properly.

"Just for information, I just re-installed this release.
Formerly, it did not work and I re-installed the 2.6.9 64-bits release.
When starting the Gimp, I got the following alert window (translation from
French) :
"The procedure entry point gdk_win32_begin_direct_draw_libgtk_only cannot be
found in the dynamic links library libgdk_win32_2.0-0.dll"

clicking on OK, the Gimp starts properly and works properly (I did not chech
everything). The new display (as far as 64 bits release is concerned) is

I am coming from 2.6.9 64-bits release with earlier installations under
I am using Windows 7 ultimate 64-bits.
I have two operating systems in the machine XP-32 et 7-64 with two
independant HDD's and a third dedicated to data."