2011/11/27 Jude <for...@gimpusers.com>

> Can anyone please point me to a step-by-step tutorial to create falling
> snow?(animation).I'm a complete novice, but can create basic animations and
> use layers to some degree. I'm using GIMP 2.6. I want to create falling
> snow on a small picture I've already created. I've spent hours scouring the
> net today, checking Youtube, but I can't find a clear and concise tutorial.
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> Basically it's very simple. Add a new transparent layer to your image.
Fill it with RGB Noise. Invert this layer, otherwise the snow is black.

Then, several times, duplicate this layer and offset it down by a few
pixels. For a smooth animation, have 30 layers, and change a little the
amount of offset down, adding even a small horizontal offset.

Finally, duplicate the background layer as many times as you have snow
layers, and merge the duplicate backgrounds each with a snow layer.

Your animation is finished!

Olivier Lecarme