Dear all,

I usually work with photos or scanned files of writing and I usually cut &
copy each letter in order to create a list of them besides to their
comparison.

On my job I use gimp, but I would prefer to have the opportunity the
software to AUTONUMBER those 'cuts' or 'copies' in order to be easier for me
to find out where (on the document) every letter was cut from.

Is there any possibility for any help?

I am looking forward to having your replies.

It could be very helpful for us if the developers (of the Gimp) try to add
that feature (described above) in any new version. As I know, there is no
other analogous feature in other relative software.

Thanks,

John