On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dan Kronstadt <s...@kronhead.com> wrote:
> So - any suggestions on getting a more reasonable number of plug-ins? What's
> a good startup set? Or - is 170 normal, and I have some other problem that
> is making startup of these modules so slow?

Most likely a specific plugin is causing the slowdown. But trying each
plugin one at a time will take forever to pin it down. You could try
the "half and half" method. Leave only half the plugins in the
directory, then try starting up Gimp. If it starts up normally, you
know the problematic plugin is one of the ones you removed. If it
starts up slowly, then you know it's one of the ones that was loaded.
So either remove half the plugins that are left (if it was slow
starting) or remove all plugins and add back half the ones that
weren't originally loaded (if it was starting fine), and try again.

Rinse and repeat until you can figure out which plugin(s) was causing
the slowdown in startup time.

--
Frank Gore
www.ProjectPontiac.com