So, yesterday I was trying to halftone an image.  Everything was working fine,
but I couldn't figure out how to use it the way I wanted to.  So I found a
tutorial.  I read it, figured out what I was doing wrong, went on my way.
Everything seemed fine.

Then I went to use my newfound knowledge, and lo and behold, the Newsprint
filter stopped working.  No matter what I tried, the preview image looked just
like the original.  And when I tried applying the filter anyway, figuring maybe
something was just up with the preview panel, nothing happened.  The filter
pauses to load when I change something, acting like it's working, but nothing
happens.  The closest thing I've been able to get was the image completely
disappearing when I change a certain setting (switch to luminosity, in case you
were wondering).  I tried googling my problem, but all that gets me is
tutorials and the how-to-use guide.  I was hoping someone here would know
what's wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Zweibaby (via