O.K. I think, before Evan installs GIMP again, he should be sure that
the previous installation is cleared totally.

I forgot one thing. in his User-Directory a GIMP-directory is created
containing his personal GIMP-profile.
If a new try also fails, he could create a new user profile on windows
and try it again.

Greetings

Bernd