Several times a week I need to take a PDF (single-page doc), then convert
to a page-sized PNG with quality good enough to read the text (and a
transparent border), and then convert to a SWF. I have a PNG-to-SWF
utility, but when I used it on the PNG saved after I opened my PDF and
exported from GIMP, the end result was not good enough. A co-worker said
GIMP couldn't make a PNG (w/transparency) with enough quality. He said we'd
have to use some other software. Part of the issue was not being able to
resize without losing quality before the PNG export. True or false?

Keith