I started this general topic in another thread, but everything I was told
there is working. I have a new issue with the steps suggested:

When I have an image open in the native GIMP format, and highlight the
white margin borders (w/magic wand) around the content, and change it to an
alpha channel, which coverts it to the classic "checkerboard" that
indicates transparency, then export a PNG .... any subsequent PNG-to-SWF
conversion (tested five brands of software) results in that transparent
area turning completely black. What am I doing wrong?

Keith