On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:13:55 +0000, Mark Bourne wrote:

> While testing another issue, I found that GIMP 2.7.4 fails to load
> correctly on Windows 2000. http://www.gimp.org/windows/ says "GIMP
> should run on any NT-based version of Windows (NT4, 2000, XP or Vista)."
> Is that statement still correct, or has support for pre-XP been dropped?

That's something that should definitely be fixed - NT4 hasn't been
supported since GIMP 2.2 IIRC, and I think the last version that works on
2000 is somewhere around 2.6.7. Looks like you also found a bug in the 2.7
installer - I forgot to put the check for Windows XP SP3 in it - it
should've never allowed installing on Windows 2000.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >