Alexandre Prokoudine <> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Richard Allport <> wrote:
>> Hi all, does anyone know if there is a clearance procedure someone would
>> have to go through in order to use Gimp in a commercial, sale –based product
>> teaching creativity or other visual based subjects? Or someone I could email
>> or call directly failing that?
> You are encouraged to make money using GIMP.
> Alexandre Prokoudine

… but in case you don't want to take legal advice from random strangers, itself is quite clear on this:

See also the license itself – which most likely zoomed past your eyes as
you installed GIMP – for the legalese:
, e.g. the second paragraph of the Preamble.

Hope this helps, good luck on your product :)

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer