>I plan to use Gimp as my preferred tool for picture editing. But then i need
>another tool for organazing photos with tags and ratings.
>What tool do you recommend that mix well with Gimp? For example I want to
>doubleclick in the organizer tool to start to edit in Gimp.

If you don't want anything obtrusive or heavyweight try XnView

Versions for most OS's - if using linux, first have a look in your repo
otherwise

http://www.xnview.com

There is also a beta XnViewMP, which is excellent.
http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=24056

As well as tagging, rating and adding to categories you can set Gimp as the
default editor and open an image.

--
rich (via gimpusers.com)