On 02/28/2012 06:52 AM, mamboze wrote:
I've got a problem editing an image with a dotted background in it. By
'dotted', I mean an array of small evenly spaced black dots on a white

I've tried the fuzzy select tool which kind of works. It fills in the white
space with the color I want but leaves the dots untouched. I want to get rid of
the dots.

The image has a lot of rectangles containing text (these are not dotted) on
this dotted background so using the select tool would be a real chore.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks

Something that can work is to:

- make a selection on the background
- grow the selection enough to make it swallow the dots (even if that bleeds over the text) - then shrink the selection so that it gets out of the text (the dots will remain selected)
- then paint/erase the selection

Dots too close to the text will have to be erased by hand.