>>Do you take picture in RAW format? If this is the case you could install
>>UFRaw.

>>2012/3/7 autolisp <for...@gimpusers.com>

>>> All of a sudden my jpeg.jpg images are generating a popup message saying
>>> they are an unrecognised file type! I'm using GIMP 2.6.12. I cleaned my
>>> system. Rebooted - no joy. I uninstalled GIMP - rebooted - reinstalled GIMP
>>> - no joy. Any suggestions.
>>>
>>> --
>>> autolisp (via gimpusers.com)
>>>

>Thanks for the reply.
>No. They are 'straight' jpegs. I have opened images previously with 6.2.11
>without problems!

Well I installed UFRaw but it made no difference. Just to be sure it was not my
pc I opened several jpeg/jpg files in other applications without any problems!
None of them will open in GIMP! So I think the problems lies in this
application. If I cannot get a solution soon it will be unstalled permanently
from my system. That would be a pity beacuse it has a lot of good points. By
the way. I'm using WinXP SP3 and all the latest updates.

--
autolisp (via gimpusers.com)