> does number->string have format options? What is the equivalent of
> "printf" in gimp tinyscheme?
>
> I am scripting adding axes to an image and need to control of format of
> floating point numbers that will be passed to gimps text generation
> functions.

Here is a helper function I had written to deal with this:

(define (number->fixedstring V D)
  (let ((D (trunc D)))
    (string-append
      (number->string (if (> D 0) (trunc V) (round V)))
      (if (> D 0) (string-append "." (number->string (round (* (- V (trunc
V)) (pow 10 (trunc D)))))) "")
    )
  )
)

In use, the first parameter is the value and the second is the number of
decimals to include.  It rounds to the decimal specified and pads where
zeros if needed.

> (number->fixedstring 3.14159 0)
"3"
> (number->fixedstring 3.14159 1)