On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Jay Smith <j...@jaysmith.com> wrote:
> c) The developers UTTERLY FAILED to manage public relations on this.  It was
> completely obvious to me (from monitoring the discussions on the developer
> list) that this subject was going to touch of an enormous storm of anger
> among some users.

I don't think this is accurate.  I've seen quite a lot of PR and news
items over the 2.6->2.8 time period, some of which did cover the new
Save/Export functions, IIRC and not just on the dev list.

Having written some really basic in-house programs, my anecdotal
evidence suggests that almost *any* change will cause at least some
portion of the users to hate you ;)