>>In Preferences/Colour Management, I had enabled  'Try to use the system
>>monitor profile's.
>>I disabled this, and it seems to work OK now.

>>On 08/05/2012 11:18, wojtzuch wrote:
>>> I got the same problem on my limited user account in Windows XP (Core 2
>>> Duo). I noticed, however, no such problems when running GIMP 2.8 with admin
>>> credentials.
>I noticed a similar problem after updating to 2.8. In my case it only goes
>away if I turn off Colour Management altogether. Then 2.8 redraws the screen
>fast - if anything even faster than 2.6. But something is not quite right.
>"Colour Management" when redrawing the screen doesn't need to be any more than
>using the colour value from the image to index into a lookup table to get the
>colour value to sent to the screen, but for some reason it seems to be doing
>far more - kind of like it's rebuilding the table each time for every pixel.
>Given that colour management is one of the things which sets Gimp ahead of its
>rivals and on a par (in my opinion) with Photoshop, maybe this issue needs
>looking at sooner rather than later.

On my machine (XP 32bit, Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz, 2GB Ram) Gimp 2.8. shows the same
behavior as described above. Disabling the color management completely solved
the problem. But what puzzles me is that the both CPU and memory usage are not
that high, means 25% CPU and maybe 100 MB of memory. Just wanted to add this in
case it might help somehow.

Best regards, MrBum (via gimpusers.com)