>Tell GIMP to grab a screenshot of the entire screen after a delay, and
>then immediately after you activate the screenshot, before the delay
>expires, lock the screen so the screensaver kicks in. I tested this and
>it works on Linux; I don't know if it will work on Windows.

Yep, I'm on a Windoze machine.  I have no idea how to "lock the screen so the
screensaver kicks in"... Googling... I found a way to set up a hot-key
trigger... but that leads to more issues.  The hot-key does trigger BOINC, but
then BOINC flashes something like "Screensaver suspended, computer in use."
Forget this, it's now more trouble than it's worth, I'm just gonna use point
'em to the screenshots on the website.

>Aside from the issue of taking a screen shot of a screen saver, note
>that putting library computers on the World Community Grid will increase
>their electricity bills:

Yep yep, all over that, as far as not wanting to inadvertently cause problems
for anyone...  That link includes this quote: "... you may see a slight
increase in your electricity costs.  Exactly how much this increase will affect
you depends on conditions where you live and how you have set your
preferences."  I had already planned to advise that the library/school set
their settings under Device profiles to either Minimum impact or Power saver.
I figure even if they choose minimum impact, a whole room of computers sitting
idle a portion of the day would have at least SOME real-world impact as far as
their contribution to WCG...  Thanks for the reminder, good thought...

FortKnox (via gimpusers.com)