Well, I looked at some of the auctions of Gimp there, and one was for 99 cents,
others for like 4 bucks highest i saw was 20 dollars. Some of these
sales are packages including open office, etc. It's basically the
price to get a version burned to a cd. It's like when I wanted to
install Ubuntu, eventually I figured out how to download and burn a
disk image, but in the meantime I had to buy a burner for 33 bucks.
But back when I didn't have a burner or didn't readily know how to
burn it I bought a Ubuntu disk for 4 dollars, well worth the cost.
Dan