>On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 17:05 +0200, gimp-bug wrote:

>There should also be options for the type of screen you have - RGB,
>VRGB, etc.

>>  I tried every one, and this didn't help. Anything other but "Enabled"
>> makes my fonts horrible in all other apps though.

>The first thing is to discover what's causing your problem, before
>trying to work out a solution.

>> I use lcd-filtering gentoo overlay, so this might be a reason why
>> changing settings doesn't work.

>I don't know what that is, sorry.

Just've found subpixel options. There's no green border when subpixel rendering
turned off, and there is a green border when subpixel rendering turned on, no
matter which mode - RGB, vRGB, BGR  - is selected. Fonts look bad without
subpixel rendering though, so turning this off is not a solution for me,

gimp-bug (via gimpusers.com)