Hello everybody,

First mail to this list, I hope this is the correct place to ask this!

I've installed the Gimp 2.8 Windows version suggested in the official site
but I cannot run the cage tool. After making the grid it quickly show a
progress circle saying "calculating coefficients" (or something like that,
since I'm using it in spanish), then "transform grid" and then it hangs up
(and closes gimp) saying:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an unusual way.

I've checked the installer wasn't corrupt and I've installed it in two
different computers (both having Windows Xp SP3). I think I have more than
enough free memory, so probably the problem is in my Visual C++ libraries.
At least I have installed the Visual C++ 2008 and 2010 Redistributable
libraries to no avail.

Is the cage tool working in the windows version? Should I install something
to make it work?

Thanks in advance for your help! Regards,
Koko.