From: fokju...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:11:52 +0200
CC: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Rectangle Select Tool, Gimp 2.8

It wasn't there in 2.6. Why does there need to be a square? Why can't the
selection start from a zero dimension point instead of a predefined rectangle?

It's disorientating if you're drawing a selection that is smaller than the
rectangle, for example.

On 17 May 2012 19:56, Olivier <oleca...@gmail.com> wrote:

2012/5/17 Reflat N <fokju...@gmail.com>:

> Recently upgraded to Gimp 2.8 for the single window mode (which works

> brilliantly in Ubuntu, especially with the HUD).

> But the Rectangle Select Tool has a new - but odd - behaviour. When I draw a

> selection, and then add to that selection, a new "square" is position at my

> cursor. (See attached screenshot.) This didn't happen in 2.6 and is a bit

> irritating because it disorientates me slightly, especially if I'm working

> quickly.

This "square" is simply the same outline that appears when you first

begin using the rectangle select tool. It's the same, whether you are

beginning a new selection, or adding or subtracting to an existing

selection. I don't see why it disorientates you.

--

Olivier Lecarme