>Just installed GIMP 2.8.0 win32, it seems very slow when editing images,
>for example if I use the spray brush the cursor moves but the tool
>'circle' does not move or lags behind. The change in the image also lags
>behind the cursor.
>My system: Dell Vostro 1520, Intel 2 Duo CPU p8700 2.53GHz 4gb 32bit
>(Vista).
>Had been using 2.7.(not sure if it was .4) no problems. I have increased
>title cache to 3gb but no change ?

Experienced the same but it appears to be the slowest esp when editing large
images (over 2000x2000).  Using the rectangle selection tool is ultra slow and
sometimes I have to reselect and anchor multiple times before it actually works.

Sys Specs:

OS: WinXP 32-bit SP3
MB: Asus P6T Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 Quad-Core 2.67GHz